Saturday, October 25, 2003

sick call, the aftermath

Well, I'm home now. Onc call wasn't actually all that bad. I guess the patients were on their best behavior. No esophagus bits or exploding bladders. And I only five blood transfusions! I even got a chance to lie down for an hour and get some shut-eye, but I admit that shutting my eyes was just as far as the rest went--I was totally paranoid that one of the kids would up and die on me. But of course, no one did. (Last night, at least.)


JOE
See, when one of your patients die, it's sad. But when one of my patients die...

MICHELLE
It's like, "Thank god I don't have to write a note tomorrow!"

JOE
Heh. Kinda.

MICHELLE
"Thank god I don't have to write discharge orders for them...because they're dead."

JOE
Discharge to heaven.

MICHELLE
Diagnosis: Death

JOE
Condition: Stable

MICHELLE
Heh. Vitals: None. Allergies: Life.

JOE
Activities: Flying.

MICHELLE
And haunting people.

JOE
Hee.

MICHELLE
I need to go to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment