Thursday, March 18, 2004

the debut of "scutmonkey"

In lieu of an entry today, I give you this: the first strip in my new comic series, "Scutmonkey". Yeah, I know I had mentioned last Spring that I had done this comic about my Psych rotation in medical school, but now you can finally see it. Though I finished the strip about a year ago, it took a long time get my shit together, both because I'm out of practice and I don't have a lot of free time to do all this crazy flim-flam. (The children, you know. Think of the children.) But the good news is that the comic is finally up, and I have another one in the works. It's about my third year Ob/Gyn rotation, which, Andy pointed out about two years ago, he still can't believe I haven't written about yet. The Ob/Gyn strip is finished, theoretically, but I still have to ink it and scan it and crop it and the thought of all that work is so demoralizing it may be a long time before it sees the light of day.

It's no Jimmy Corrigan or anything, but hey, at least it's fun to be cartooning again.

No comments:

Post a Comment