Thursday, March 04, 2004

finished!

I finished my sweater! It is the most normal sweater I ever knitted, meaning that it looks like something I might actually wear someday. But look! Look at the pictures! I am feeling more than a little bit awesome for knitting up this mighty pile of yarn into something useful. This must be why people go into carpentry and things of that nature. At the end of the day you have something to show for your work, other than a pile of charts and some vague notion that you "helped people," whatever that means. Honestly, so much of outpatient pediatrics is telling parents that, in fact, they don't need us at all. Go home. Hydrate. Tylenol. Your kid's going to live. You want a prescription? Refuse to leave the office without a prescription for something? OK, nasal saline drops it is.

Anyway, tomorrow's the last day of my outpatient month. It was a good few weeks while it lasted. What a difference it makes to work a regular nine to five day. I actually feel somewhat well-adjusted and sane on this schedule. People who have real jobs don't know how good they have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment