Wednesday, April 14, 2004

trippy

Funny how things look a little weird and off-kilter when you're post-call. There's that strange combination of heightened sensory awareness and complete stumbling oblivion. This morning, as I was walking home from the subway, I was looking at things that I never notice, like the architecture of the buildings around me and the color combinations in store displays. (So it looks like citrus colors are the way to go this Spring. Good thing I changed my webpage layout just in time.) And as I was walking around town all wide-eyed and goggling at everything like a slack-jawed yokel, I almost got run over by a cab.

Maybe that's what being on overnight call does to you. It turns you into a tourist.

Currently reading: The insides of my eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment