Thursday, July 21, 2005

let's get this party started

I've hit a new low--last night while cooking, I burned myself...ON MY STOMACH. (I was reaching above the oven for a bottle of cooking wine, and in the process, touched my belly to a bubbling pot of pasta sauce.) Luckily, there was no real damage incurred, but it just strengthed my resolve that THIS PREGNANCY MUST END, and soon, before my stomach gets crushed under a falling safe or something equally injurious.

I've been having some contractions--irregular, and not really painful, but definitely more uncomfortable than the Braxton-Hicks fake-outs. They don't really seem to be coalescing in any particular exicting pattern or anything like that, though. Anyway, I have another visit with my OB this morning after Grand Rounds. Let's see where things are going here.

Currently reading: "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." Actually managed to make some headway because Joe was home sick yesterday and I had to take to subway home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment