Monday, July 11, 2005

puffy legs and chicken arms

This morning, as I was struggling to put on my venous stasis support hose leg by leg, in all their opaque, hospital white glory, all I could think was, "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me." Trying and FAILING.

I had my in-service exam all day Saturday, so the weekend, while beautiful, felt way too short. And this morning, I was back. But I didn't really mind that much. I mean, I did mind waking up at 4:45am, but I didn't mind having to be at the hospital. I'm having fun.

(intubating a patient in the OR)
There, it's in.

Good. You still need to get a stronger left arm, though.

[You hold the laryngoscope, a.k.a. the metal looking-down-the-throat dealie, in your left hand, and use your left arm and shoulder to lift]

Yeah, my arm is kind of puny.

That's your assignment for after you have the baby.

What, working out? Pumping iron with only my left arm?

(Totally serious)

Currently reading: Read? I can't even keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment