Tuesday, May 01, 2007

30 posts in 30 days, day 28: multivariable calculus




I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. I don't know if I should do a fellowship or get a job. I don't know what kind of fellowship I would want to do if, theoretically, I were to do one at all. I don't know if it would even be feasible for me to do a fellowship immediately after graduation, as I may need to be earning a bigger salary if Joe ends up working for little or nothing that year. However, I don't know what kind of job I would get, what kind of jobs are out there, or even how to look for one. Worse yet, I don't even know where we're going to be in a year, so I can't even start to figure out what options are available. Joe is in a holding pattern, trying to figure out a variety of things and following leads going off every which way. It's like being in a three-legged race tethered to someone who is trying to run in five different directions at once.

I'm pretty good at figuring stuff out, but once I get beyond three or four variables, I'm lost. If we could just figure out where we're going to be living and what Joe is going to be doing starting July 2008, I could maybe start to sort my own life out. But until then, I'm sort of in a holding pattern myself. You know, while tied to another plane.

1 comment: