Monday, July 16, 2007

not tonight, i have a headache

I'm working overnight tonight, and I started to get kind of a bad headache around 5:30pm. So I started looking around the floor for some Tylenol, which I didn't think would be hard to find, being that I work IN A HOSPITAL, but for some reason there was none to be found. Finally I asked one of the nurses.


MICHELLE
Is there any Tylenol or Motrin around here?

NURSE
Yes, but it's locked up in the Pyxis.

MICHELLE
Is there a way that I can get some Tylenol?

NURSE
For which patient?

MICHELLE
Uh, it's for me. Is that OK?

NURSE
Yeah, just go get it with your Pyxis login.

MICHELLE
OK, cool.

(Five minutes later...)

MICHELLE
Yeah, so I logged into the Pyxis, but the only meds that I have access to
are anesthesia meds. It's all, like, morphine and ketamine and stuff.

NURSE
OK, I'll get out some for you. What is it for?

MICHELLE
I have a headache.

NURSE
OK, give me a second.

MICHELLE
I mean, I could get the morphine, but I think that would probably be overkill.

NURSE
No, I'll get you your Tylenol. We need you to be on your game tonight.

MICHELLE
Or I could get the ketamine, and then we could turn off all the lights and dance with glow sticks.

NURSE
No.

No comments:

Post a Comment