Sunday, November 09, 2008

baby's first prank

Yesterday morning, I heard Joe telling Cal from downstairs, "Go show Mommy!"

Thump thump thump.




Cal materialized at the top of the steps, holding a cup from the local coffee shop. "Mommy, look what I'm drinking!" he said, taking a giant swig from the spewing hot lava hole that coffee cup makers seem to think will somehow prevent coffee enthusiasts from burning their tongues off.




"Cal...what are you drinking? Coffee? Coffee isn't for kids, right?"

A small pause. "It's juice! IT'S JUICE! I played a trick on you!"

Joe's voice from downstairs, "I rinsed out the cup and put juice in it."

Cal again, delighted, "I tricked you! I played a trick on you!"

I have to say, it was pretty good. Not quite as good as that time in med school when Andy and I pranked one of the other guys in our rotation group, paging him and, when he called back, pretending to be one of our clinic attendings ripping him a new asshole--but as three year-old pranks go, it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment