Thursday, April 15, 2010

identify that medical equipment, "get your mind out of the gutter" edition

I know what it is, and I still can't quite figure out why exactly it has to be shaped like this.


  1. Mich from Melbourne5:22 PM

    it's... an educational tool for wayward teens!

  2. Ooh! OOOH! I saw this being used in urology to separate out the blood clots from the irrigation fluid from a bladder cystoscopy procedure.

    Name, anyone??

  3. Anonymous7:23 PM

    ellik evacuator! I think it has been called an alcock too? Used in urology for removing clots or prostate chips.

  4. Ah, prostate chips ! Yumm.....

  5. You guys are pretty swift. It is an Ellik evacuator used in cystoscopy, though I would have also accepted either 1.) glass dildo, or 2.) bong.

  6. Laura8:45 PM

    After four years of urology residency, I must admit that I've never looked at an Ellik in quite that way... I'm ashamed of myself.