Monday, July 11, 2005

puffy legs and chicken arms

This morning, as I was struggling to put on my venous stasis support hose leg by leg, in all their opaque, hospital white glory, all I could think was, "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me." Trying and FAILING.

I had my in-service exam all day Saturday, so the weekend, while beautiful, felt way too short. And this morning, I was back. But I didn't really mind that much. I mean, I did mind waking up at 4:45am, but I didn't mind having to be at the hospital. I'm having fun.


MICHELLE
(intubating a patient in the OR)
There, it's in.

ATTENDING
Good. You still need to get a stronger left arm, though.

[You hold the laryngoscope, a.k.a. the metal looking-down-the-throat dealie, in your left hand, and use your left arm and shoulder to lift]

MICHELLE
Yeah, my arm is kind of puny.

ATTENDING
That's your assignment for after you have the baby.

MICHELLE
(Joking)
What, working out? Pumping iron with only my left arm?

ATTENDING
(Totally serious)
Yes.


Currently reading: Read? I can't even keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment