Wednesday, September 10, 2003

9/10

It's dark now when I wake up in the morning for work. I don't like that.

Of course, it was always dark during my ward month when I woke up for work, but that's because I was getting up at 4:00am. Excusable. Dark at 6:00am, however, is a little depressing.

Got an e-mail from Andy yesterday that had, as the subject line, "9/12." I immediately got depressed (before I noticed who the e-mail was from), thinking it was some sort of call for a memorial or demonstration or group mourning session. September 11th kind of snuck up on me this year--I didn't even notice it was looming until I checked the calendar yesterday morning. Luckily, Andy's e-mail was about going out for beers on his birthday. I hope it doesn't make me a bad person to be thinking more about going out Friday evening than how I spent my day two years ago yesterday. So strange how we all went through it, but with the passage of time, it's taken on this cast of surreality. It's become like some half-remembered scene from a movie I saw a long time ago. I guess I have the luxury of not living with it every day, though.

I have to go to work now. At least the sun finally came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment