Saturday, September 20, 2003

"whores don't get a second chance"

So even though "Bowling for Columbine" was technically next on my list, I felt last night that I needed something slightly more mindless, so rented "Identity" instead. Really not that scary, and I guessed all the plot twists, like (don't read on if you don't want to know) the fact that all the characters were the criminal's multiple personalities, Ray Liotta was the convict, not the cop, and that the kid was evil. But maybe that last one wasn't even so much of a twist at all, because come on, put a non-verbal bowl-cut kid in a movie like that and he has to be evil. It's like, a law.

Joe and I had Thai food for dinner tonight (I ordered my pad thai "medium spicy" and it actually was--they serve a lot of East and South Asian customers there, I guess, so the spiciness standards are higher) and then topped it off with some gelato. Afterwards, we headed over to Borders and I did some reading about Brooklyn, specifically the real-estate market and neighborhood guides. Some pretty little houses and apartments in Brooklyn. My fear is that it's getting so trendy to live there that we might not actually be able to afford it by the time we decide to move. Part of me has this dread that we'll end up living in Jersey or some place like that, but another part of me feels (and maybe this is a sign that I'm getting old) that it would be nice to pay so much less money for so much more space. I'd have to learn to drive, though.

If it were up to me, we'd never move outside walking distance from the subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment