Monday, October 27, 2003

feast or famine

So today, a full week after my Sidekick was scheduled to arrive from Amazon.com, with no sign of getting shipped from the warehouse anytime soon, I just got fed up and said fuck it, if there's something wrong with my order, I'm just going to go to a T-Mobile retailer and buy the damn phone in person. So that's just what I did. I bought the phone.

Then I came home to find that my phone from Amazon had just arrived in the mail.

@&%$#!

Of course, I'm not a complete idiot. (Only partial.) For one, I made sure there was a good return policy on the phone I bought in the store, on the off-chance that Amazon would finally come through and ship the one I'd originally ordered. So I can return that phone with no penalties or early termination fees up through next week. Secondly, I made sure to call T-Mobile right away to straighten things out, so that I wouldn't get billed for two phone plans. This turned out to be not a problem, as Amazon.com brilliantly didn't actually activate the phone that they sent me. Anyway, after some quality time with Customer Support (or "Customer Care," in T-Mobile parlance--no, but really, they were some of the best Customer Suppor operators I'd ever spoken with) we straightened everything out and now I'm one phone, one plan. Well, almost one phone, I still have to return the one I bought from the wireless dealer on 7th Avenue. Damn, yesterday I had no phones, now I have two. When it rains, it pours.

Cooper is doing much better, thanks for the kind thought. She's such a weird little dog. She can't tolerate some stimuli, like having people hold her paws, or people petting her on the head sometimes, but for some reason, she completely doesn't mind wearing the T-shirt. She acts like its not even on. It's actually really funny to see her wearing it, aside from the fact that its a Superman T-shirt, because she looks like a little chimpanzee dressed in people clothing. There should be a poster of her wearing the T-shirt and the cone, with a single tear dripping down her cheek, and the caption, "Dignity." No, seriously, we're not sadists, we have to put our dog in a T-shirt! We have to make her wear the cone! It's not just for our amusement. (Even though, come on, it really is pretty funny.)

Now that I finally have the Sidekick (and I can finally stop whining to Joe about how angry I am that he got his, like a week ago, even though it was MY IDEA in the FIRST place...) I'm looking into setting up a photolog. Doesn't seem like it would be hard, but for some reason, it is. Don't ask me why. Probably because I don't want to pay and am relying on iffy free services. Whatever, further updates as events warrent.

No comments:

Post a Comment