Sunday, October 26, 2003

super cooper

Call me nuts, but I read on a vet website that a good way to deal with torso wounds instead of the conehead is just to slap a T-shirt on the dog. I'm glad there was another method suggested. The conehead is torture. And I had such a cute little shirt for her too...

Just watched what I believe to be the one Woody Allen comedy I hadn't seen up to this point: "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex* (*but were afraid to ask)." Probably the reason I hadn't seen it yet is that I watched most Woody Allen movies for the first time with my dad, and he probably just pretended like that movie never existed just because it has the word "sex" in the title. It was your standard early-Woody movie, not so early as "What's New Pussycat," but more of the "Love and Death," "Bananas" era, with lots of light gags and slapstick. I had to see it to be a true fan, you know?

My favorite Woody Allen movie I haven't quite decided. "Annie Hall" is a great, of course, but I'm also a big fan of "Hannah and Her Sisters," "Crimes and Misdemeanors," "The Purple Rose of Cairo," and "Radio Days." Basically, '80s Woody. '90s Woody is a little harder to love, although who doesn't love "Bullets Over Broadway" and "Manhattan Murder Mystery?" "Mighty Aphrodite" and "Deconstructing Harry" were kind of light on plot and inspiration, even though they each had their moments. And I appreciated "Everyone Says I Love You," for what it was, that is, a musical comedy, especially daring prior to "Moulin Rouge" and "Chicago." Some weak work recently, though, with "Curse of the Jade Scorpion" and "Hollywood Ending," the latter I really didn't like. Oh, ha, he's blind. He can't see! Because he's blind! (Repeat same joke 30 times.)

I'm almost afraid to go see "Anything Else," now, after the most recent disappointment of "Hollywood Ending." What's happened to his casting? He's going from casting Michael Caine and Dianne Weist to casting Tiffani Amber Theissen and Jason Biggs? JASON BIGGS? What the hell? Doesn't he have any pies to make sweet, sweet love to?

No comments:

Post a Comment