Wednesday, October 29, 2003

joe millionare

Let us talk for a moment about "Joe Millionaire."

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I've watched this show. Last season I think I caught three or four episodes here and there. This season, I watched the season premier and every episode since. OK, so there have only been two since. Still, that's consistent viewing, right?

I don't know what it is about this show. Certainly I like the travelogue aspect of it--giant palazzo in Tuscany, day trips in the Italian countryside--and I like the whole setup and story for camp value. Hee, the butler is "Paul Hogan," like Crocodile Dundee! But I think what I really enjoy this season is the Eurotrash. "Where could we go to find women to be on this show who aren't already aware of the premise of 'Joe Millionaire?' That's right--EUROPE!" (Notice there are no British woen on the show--they're too immersed in American pop-culture to fall for it.)

Variations on Eurotrash on this show:

* Women tanning-bedded to a leathery crisp
* Women incapable of removing sunglasses
* Women who look and dress like the Hilton sisters

Will they have "Joe Millionaire 3?" Where will they find those women? The northern badlands of China? Ooh, that could be a good show. "Zhou Millionaire."

No comments:

Post a Comment