Saturday, November 15, 2003

anxiety

I'm vacillating between pre-trip excitement and anxiety.

My parents are being fairly good about my travel plans, I think, worried that I'm going to Mexico by myself but assured that "it's not real Mexico," in that it's Cancun (America Mexico, I guess, as opposed to, like, Mexico City). I think that one of them really just wants to come around to chaperone me and make sure I don't get turned into a drug mule, but both are working three out of the four days that I'll be gone, and can't cancel their patients at the last minute.

It's going to be fun, right? I just have to get my stack of books ready. And my travel DVD player. And my journal. It'll be cool. And relaxing. And...

Augh, I'm going to be all alone in a foreign country and I'll be all lonely and bored by myself and paying a lot of money to be that way! What the hell have I DONE?

Breathe in. Breathe out.

No comments:

Post a Comment