Thursday, November 06, 2003

sick call, again

I had a leisurely morning planned, with a Psychiatry lecture over coffee planned for 11am and adolescent clinic for four hours in the afternoon, but instead, I got a call at 7:50am from the chief resident. Chiefs calling you at home is never anything good. And it wasn't. I was informed that I had to be at the hospital by 9am to cover the day for Cardiology. My apartment is an hour from the hospital by public transportation. (Do the math, then insert fast-forward footage of me getting ready for work here, wacky piano music playing.)

Though my day ended up being slightly longer, I actually didn't mind being called in to cardiology. I like being on the floor. I like the bizzaro diseases, the sick patients. And as un-PC as it may sound, I'm getting a little impatient with the clueless, haphazard teenagers and the stuff we have to do for them. Pelvic exams, contraceptive counseling, HIV testing. Ho hum. The other day I had to burn off some kid's genital warts with acid. Good times.

I'm tired now. I'm going to go watch "Scrubs," unless it got preempted by something crappy. But here's a photo from the inside of the cab that I took to work. I kind of had to rush, so I shelled out the cash. I'm not sure if they'll call me in tomorrow, but I don't think they can, because I have my continuity clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment