Thursday, August 26, 2004

cleansing

So we hired a house cleaner to come to our place on Monday, but I didn't get to see the fruits of her labors until I got home post-call Tuesday morning. It was a huge job for one person, bless her for trying her best. Honestly, I don't think that there's any way that we could get our apartment to shine like the top of the Chrysler Building without a whole bevy of ragamuffin orphans cleaning the place with brushes strapped to their knees (tm "Annie"), but she did an admirable solo job of cleaning and triaging what to clean in her limited time with us. The bathrooms are clean, the kitchen is clean, and the dog-hair tumbleweeds have all been swept away. We'll probably have her come back in two weeks or so, by which time chaos will rule again.

As you may have surmised from the infrequent updating, the NICU is keeping me busy. I have my "power weekend" coming up, meaning that I'm on call this Friday and Sunday. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Currently watching: "Da Ali G Show: The Complete First Season." Thanks to Jack, Joe and I are completely obsessed with this show now. We bought the first season on DVD and have been incessantly watching and compulsively quoting from it. I love Borat.

No comments:

Post a Comment