Thursday, November 11, 2004

welcome to the book club

So it's not really up to speed yet, but the beginnings of the book list page are up here at the underwear drawer book club (there's also a new link on the sidebar). I'm only listing the books that I've read since I started the "Currently reading" section on my daily entries (I think that was about mid-April of this year), otherwise it's too hard to remember what I was reading, and I'm not going to slog through my old entries from 2001 to figure it out. Doesn't much matter, those older books will wash up on the list eventually, since I re-read almost all my books at some point. Right now I'm up through May of 2004. Check it out if you're interested--I'll work on updating it up until the present over the next few days, and then I'll probably update every month with last month's book list. Thank you also to Jenn and Chris for encouraging and re-encouraging me to get moving on the book club page. It's fun to look at my reading habits over the past half year, and on the selfish side, if it generates more good book recommendations from you guys, I'm all for it.

I'm having lunch with my dad today, and then I might head on over to the Museum of Natural History to take some pictures. (The reason I have to see my dad first is that he's a museum member, and if I pick up a card from him, I'll be able to get in for free. I love the museum and everything, but there's no way I'm spending $13 or however much it costs unless I'm spending most of the day there.) I've also starting to feel a kind of low-grade panic that it's so late in the week, and I'm back in the wards on Monday. My vacation's almost over already? But I was just starting to get used to it!

Currently reading: "Beg the Question". Another re-read. There's a lot of sex in this book. I get a little embarassed reading it on the subway, so I have to hold it almost vertical and very close to my face so no one can read over my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment