Monday, January 10, 2005

review: "ocean's twelve"

We finally went to see "Ocean's Twelve" last night, and lo, it kind of sucked. Barely a story. Incredible plot twists (and not incredible like "Wow! Awesome!" rather incredible like, "Oh god, are you kidding me?"). And phoned-in performances. Well, I guess I'd be phoning it in too if I knew that after my scene wrapped I could go back to partying on my yacht with my movie star friends on Lake Como. Which made me think: I wonder how Don Cheadle and Bernie Mac and the rest of the secondary cast felt not being included on the Cool Kids party at George Clooney's house? Like the nerds on the math team, I bet. He should have invited them along, at least. The Chinese guy could have done some cool Cirque du Soleil shit for everyone's amusement.

Well, at least everyone was very pretty, which at least met expectation. Except that Julia Roberts, who is usually a very lovely lady, looked kind of pale and strung out in the second half of the movie, which I don't understand. What, the hair and makeup people were too busy eating gelato to make her look good? But it is forgiven because she was a Pregnant Lady, and Pregnant Ladies can look however pale and stringy they want.

After the movie:


JOE
That kind of sucked.

MICHELLE
Yeah, it...yeah.

JOE
But at least we learned one thing.

MICHELLE
That we should be very jealous of George Clooney for having a villa on Lake Como?

JOE
No. That Brad Pitt is a good dresser.

MICHELLE
It's not like he picked out his own clothes. They have wardrobe guys for the movie.

JOE
Still.

MICHELLE
Anyway, they kept putting him in the exact same outfit, that silver sports coat thing.

JOE
Plus, he's single now.

MICHELLE
Right, I forgot! There's your opening!

JOE
Heh.

MICHELLE
"Brad, I don't know if you're doing anything next weekend, but...(ahem)...I mean, if you're not busy, maybe we could hang out sometime...(cough)...or not...whatever, no big deal."


I'm telling you, the man loves him some Brad Pitt.

I'm taking a reading elective this month, interspersed with some Oncology cross-cover. In fact, I'm on call tonight. Hey, it still beats the ER.

Currently reading: "The Children's Hospital Oakland Hematology/Oncology Handbook." Because I haven't done Onc since last Christmas, which is a really, really long time. Though still not long enough for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment