Monday, August 29, 2005

big mac attack

Well, after about a year of indecision on whether or not I should get a new computer and whether or not said new computer should be a Mac, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the 17" iMac yesterday in the lowest-end configuration.



Now that it's done, I'm happy with the decision. Even after upgrading to 1GB of RAM and getting a Mighty Mouse (a two-button mouse with a scroll-button, to make the transition a little easier) and buying more memory and an AirPort card to upgrade Joe's computer, the whole order still cost us less than the 15" PowerBook would have. And, since I'm using the education discount, I get a free iPod Mini out of the deal! Sweet! I mean, I never really lusted after an iPod before (I don't even have any MP3s on my computer, if you can believe such a thing--kinda goes hand in hand with not having any speakers or an MP3 player), I'm not going to turn down FREE STUFF. Especially not in this luscious apple green color.



I'll let you know how it all goes with the transition when the thing finally gets here. Hopefully I'll enjoy myself but not become a rabid, proselytizing convert.


* * *


Catherine sent me a picture from Panda Cam on the Discovery Channel in response to one of the pictures I posted yesterday. You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals, so let's do it like they do on the Discovery Channel.


























Oh man, that is really funny. Thanks, Catherine!


* * *


This is my last week of maternity leave. I've been mentally preparing myself for work returning to work for weeks now so I'm not too torn up about it, but I am going to miss having my mornings and afternoons with The Boy. I'm especially going to miss our afternoon naps, because aside from the cuteness of snuggling with the baby--mmm, midday sleep. So delicious. Well, I suppose that's what weekends are for. And I'm especially grateful for the logistics of the Anesthesia residency in that I have basically three full weekends off a month (that is, one weekend day call a month), as opposed to my Peds residency, where I would have had only one full weekend off a month (meaning I was on call at least one day for each of the other three weekends). It will be nice to actually see my kid for two whole days at the end of the week, you know?

The other five days, however, are somewhat more dodgy.


Starting to gain some more neck control, crowing proudly to himself all the while


Currently reading: The chapter in Baby Miller about fluid and blood therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment