Tuesday, October 26, 2010

name that medical equipment




I've been meaning to bring this one back for a while, but everything I've found has been either too easy or too clearly just some closeup of some part of the anesthesia machine. See some past "name that medical equipment" editions here, here, here, here, here, and here.

(The comments section on the three oldest posts do not show any comments because I was using a different and now defunct comment hosting system back then. If you are DYING to know if you were right in your guess, I will post the answers to these old entries tomorrow.)

OK, I'm on call tonight. See you on the other side.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 AM

    C-arm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:45 PM

    Lasik machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a high pressure rouge applier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Looks like the business end of a ESW lithotriptor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's that new Glade air freshener for alarming internal organ odor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That thing says "breast" to me. In an alien/robot kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. christine10:16 PM

    centrifuge ... or organ cooling unit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:14 PM

    SWL machine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:51 AM

    lithotripter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going with lithotripter too. But only because I don't know what it is, and I figure your multiple anonymous commenters must be onto something.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Anonymous-es have it, it is the fluid head of the External Shock-wave Lithotripsy machine (ESWL), otherwise known as that loud knocking thing that pulverizes kidney stones into (one hopes) a fine sand.

    You guys are good at this game.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This article piqued my interest in the latest products available on the market, and I found a great resource here: http://www.medicalexpo.com/medical-manufacturer/lithotripter-1683.html. Hope this is a useful resource for you other readers.

    ReplyDelete