Thursday, October 21, 2010

post-call day off

This week has been somewhat busy, so apologies for the lack of posts. I'm not going to make up for it much today, unfortunately. I just have one observation. Overnight call can be hard--no one likes to be Last Man Standing for that late case in the OR, and one sick patient can be downright harrowing when no one else is around. But I am lucky enough to work in a practice where I get post-call day off, and that trade-off, in my opinion, is well worth the pain.






Full post-call picture set here. By the way, as some of you have noted, I have been playing around with a new camera (a Panasonic Lumix GF1 with fixed focal length lens--the 20mm f/1.7 to be precise) and I absolutely love it. It is tiny little camera that is much easier to carry around than my SLR, and with that quick little lens it is a gem. I don't know why I am saying this, because for some reason this seems to enrage this dissidents whenever I get a new camera (admittedly, my old camera still works so I didn't need a new camera per se, but I rarely buy things for myself and since we do not live an exorbitant lifestyle and photography is a hobby I will give myself a pass)--but if anyone wants to know my opinion about the Lumix GF1, I will say: I may never touch my SLR again. I love this camera. A more detailed review perhaps in the future, but if you're looking at this camera with this lens, my vote is an unqualified YES.

10 comments:

  1. Hey, some of those pictures (in the full set) show Mack smiling! I thought I'd never see it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outre1:10 AM

    GF1 is awesome!

    I long to get the Nokor f/.95

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know there was such thing as an f/0.95!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we all deserve to treat ourself to a new toy every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you kinda make me wanna get out there and buy myself that camera...! is that lens alone serving you well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outre7:01 PM

    I've read that the f/.95 is kind of a glorified CCTV lens refitted and packaged for the 43rds cameras, so in theory you could just buy a CCTV lens and use an adaptor to fit it on to the GF1.

    But the lens looks so pretty... I'm such a sucker with design/packaging elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outre7:03 PM

    OOps.. forgot to add that the cost difference between the Nokor and going the adaptor+CCTV lens route is HUGE...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would love a review - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. eyeknee10:45 PM

    your children are beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Olympus PEN E-P2 and switched out the kit lens for the Panasonic Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens (which in opinion makes for the best combo in the micro 4/3 world). It is absolutely TO DIE FOR. I took it with me to Portugal this past summer, and I felt so light and carefree that I was practically skipping. I think I may never travel with my SLR ever again.

    ReplyDelete