Sunday, October 26, 2003

re-cooper-ation

re-cooper-ation

Doing a little better this morning. Not really interested in eating or drinking still, but I got some water into her with some doggy-psychology: I turned on the bathtub faucet. Then it's just irresistable. (She loves drinking from the tap.) Gave her her antibiotics this morning wrapped in cheese. She chomped it right up and ate the rest of the cheese too, along with a very small amount of dog food. I had to move the food bowl all the way out from the wall, though--otherwise, she can't get to it because of the cone.

Last night we didn't want to go out and leave the dog alone, so I got us some takeout and rented "American History X." This is something that I would only do now that I have the Blockbuster Unlimited Pass, because I actually watched most of "American History X" on TV, and to pay money to rent a movie I'd already seen before would be something of a rip. I did miss the last half-hour, though, because it was on TV very late at night and I had to go to work early the next day. I was advised that it would behoove me to actually watch the end of the movie, as there is a crucial plot point not to be missed (or, to quote my friend, "uh...doesn't something important happen at the end?") so we rented it and watched the whole movie again last night. They were right. Something important does happen at the end. Whatever happened to Edward Furlong after that movie anyway? "John Connor?"

My mission today is an ambitious one: to clean the entire apartment. Ambitious because our apartment is big, but also mostly because I hate cleaning. I already swept and Swiffered the floors, but I still have to put away laundry and wash the bathroom. The bathroom is the worst part. Amazing how a room devoted to getting yourself clean can itself get so dirty so quickly.