Friday, September 17, 2004

advancing to the next round

So Joe managed to make it down to that interview today (one of his senior residents very kindly covered his last two clinic patients), and did well enough that he got called back for a second interview. And the next interview will be videotaped. How very "Real World." And strangely enough, they want me to come along to be interviewed too. I don't know why they need to meet me, since the show is all about the men, but I am more than willing to oblige if it will help our chances. So that's all very exciting. Hopefully we'll be able to schedule the interview for Tuesday evening, when I'm post-call. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be able to make it at all, what with the PICU hours and all.

So to celebrate our miniature successes, we're going to head on out tonight to get dinner and finally, finally watch "The Bourne Supremacy," starring Joe's spiritual twin, Matt Damon. And after that, we will come home and sleep. When you're a resident, sleep is better than anything else on earth. Better than any food, movies, or any other activity that you can think of--and I'm sure you can think of many. That's kind of pathetic, I guess.

Currently reading: "Angels and Demons." My dad lent me his copy. Am I nuts, or is this the exact same story as "The Da Vinci Code"?

No comments:

Post a Comment